Sunday, February 12, 2017

awesome God as Father

Sunday, February 12, 2017 (5:46 a.m.)
Awesome God and Father,

I confess to You, I'm not much for poetry. It is most often far over my head. But this morning there is something in Psalm 68 that is speaking deep within me. I turn to You, seeking Your understanding.

By searching the phrase, “awesome God as Father” I came upon Psalm 68:35. Inching my way up verse by verse as I so often do, I finally started back at verse 1. There's such symbolism and so many word pictures sprinkled throughout this chapter, that I find myself fighting back tears that I truly don't comprehend.
(7:25 a.m.)
Blessed God,

Thank You for the opportunity of searching “understanding psalm 68”. So many commentaries. And many of them begin by announcing, 'the difficulty of this psalm'. Thank You that I am not alone in my confusion.

Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary breaks the chapter contents down quite nicely. “A prayer – The greatness and goodness of God. (1-6) The wonderful works God wrought for His people. (7-14) The presence of God in His church. (15-21) The victories of Christ. (22-28) Enlargement of the church. (29-31) The glory and grace of God. (32-35)”.

It's this commentary, on verses 32-35, I quote before typing out the New Living Translation version of this section:

“God is to be admired and adored with reverence and godly fear, by all that attend in His holy places. The God of Israel gives strength and power unto His people. Through Christ strengthening us we can do all things, not otherwise; therefore He must have the glory of all we do, with our humble thanks for enabling us to do it, and for accepting the work of His hands in us.”

“Sing to God, you kingdoms of the earth. Sing praises to the Lord. Interlude Sing to the One who rides across the ancient heavens, His mighty voice thundering from the sky. Tell everyone about God's power. His majesty shines down on Israel; His strength is mighty in the heavens. God is awesome in His sanctuary. The God of Israel gives power and strength to His people. Praise be to God!”

Mm. Yes. Praise You. Thank You. I love You. Empower me to live this psalm out to You this day. I love You awesome God and Father. Thank You. Amen.

(392 words ~ 8:41 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment