Wednesday, February 8, 2017

"Oh, thank You God!"

Friday, February 3, 2017 (7:17 a.m.)
Cruising northeast to Tampa, FL
Oh, most blessed Father God,

Thank You! It's what I've been saying for the past three hours. Oh, thank You that my ankle doesn't hurt. Oh, thank You that I woke up remembering that This is the day, this is the day that the Lord hath made, that the Lord hath made. I will rejoice. I will rejoice and be glad in it and be glad in it. This is the day that the Lord hath made. I will rejoice and be glad in it. This is the day, this is the day that the Lord hath made

Thank You, Father. Yes thank You for all the blessings You continue bestowing upon us. Last night there was an incredibly squishy, somewhat painful problem with my left ear. I tried my go-to drying drops to no avail. Pulling, tugging, tilting all resulted without success.

Oh, but I remembered! Pray! Ask Jesus to do for me all that I cannot do for myself. Right there in a public restroom stall, I presented my case. I confessed to not knowing the cause nor the cure. I trusted. I believed. I surrendered it all.

Later in the night a few more drops were added, just in case. Leaving them in longer with my head tilted further still felt stranger than ever before. Mindfully sleeping on my left side, I prayed for change.

Somewhere in the early morning hours I rejoiced with the catch phrase for this day, “Oh! Thank You God!” Thank You that there's no pain. No squishiness. No clog. No more fear that something was in there that shouldn't be.

Mm, yes. Thank You God. Thank You for the opportunity of laying flat on my back on a lounge on a back balcony at three o'clock in the morning watching the stars. “Oh, thank You God!” was said repeatedly. Oh, thank You for the beauty. Thank You for the privilege. Thank You for Your love.

Yes Father. Thank You for Your love that enables us to love others. Thank You for the pleasure of meeting new people. Freely, gladly, readily, willingly encouraging those in need of a few kind words.

Holy God, if this is what is meant by living Your Word, sign me up. Through the power of Your Son and the workings of the Holy Spirit some of it actually happens without any thought at all.

Does this mean I can ever do it all by myself, on my own, without You? Absolutely not! I am in constant need of “the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit” (2 Corinthians 13:14). This I ask of You this day.

This day that You have made. This one last day on this ship. Accomplish Your will and Your way in us. Through us. We are here to serve You. Use us. Exactly as You wish.

Thank You Father. Let me be completely aware every single time I say, “Oh, thank You God!” Yes. Please. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(522 words ~ 8:23 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment