Monday, February 27, 2017

infinite

Monday, February 27, 2017 (6:14 a.m.)
Holy, Loving Lord God,

Thank You. Praise You. Trust You. Need You. Mm, the list goes on. Yes. Thank You Father that You are trustworthy. Unchanging. Eternal.

Huge, deep breath and yet another sense of wonder.

A word I had much earlier was infinity. More specifically, infinity sign. Almost immediately I linked it to eternity and remembered the dread, practically fear, I used to feel as a child while trying to grasp the idea of heaven and a life that never ends.

Thank You Father that You never end. Your love for each and everyone of us goes on forever. Sitting here, I'm torn between wanting to understand more and just resting in Your Truth. For now I choose asking You to enter our time together.

Once again I find myself reading of Your prophet Jeremiah. Thank You Father for his faithfulness to You and Your message. Thank You for his Hymn of Praise to the Lord (Jeremiah 51:15-19).

He begins it by speaking of Your power and wisdom and ends it declaring, “the God of Israel is no idol! He is the Creator of everything that exists, including His people, His own special possession. The LORD Almighty is His name!”

Holy God, I absolutely do not understand most things about You. I confess to questioning, doubting, even open attempts of negotiating my way with You. Thank You that You alone are Sovereign. Wisdom. All powerful. Infinite!

Yes. Thank You for taking me exactly as I am and transforming me each and every day into who You created me to be. This morning I am here asking You to continue Your work in, with, by, through and for me. I desperately want to be all that You desire of me.

Thank You for Your love. Thank You for the true celebration the husband and I shared yesterday. Thank You for the love You have provided us that both of our children recognize and acknowledge as a love that is something to be cherished and shared.

Thank You for the lessons You continue teaching us. We love You and long to serve You exactly as You know is best. Infinitely. Thank You. Amen.

(362 words ~ 7:51 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment