Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Your daughters

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 (6:33 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You! Yesterday I asked You about the miracle. And here I am. Bounded out of bed with hope and a little bit of reserved joy. Thank You.

You answered prayers I didn't even know had been asked. You were here with us. Urging us along as we took care of neglected business. You allowed conversations to take place. And underneath it all was a feeling of hopefulness.

Jesus, I don't even know how to thank You properly for the ease with which potential problems were addressed, accessed and acted upon. Thank You for Your presence among us.

That is exactly why I am here again this morning. Requesting Your presence be among us.

You provided me much needed sleep last night. Not the usual thinking, tossing and turning to which I had become prone. No. Sleep. Actual restful sleep. Thank You. Oh, yes. Thank You!

Sweet, sweet Jesus, a dear friend and I came together in complete agreement (Matthew 18:19) yesterday. We want desperately to live as Your daughters. We recognize that as much as we believe You to be the good and holy God that You are, we don't know what it is to truly live unshackled by the worries of this world.

We claim promises. We get close. And we stop short. We suffer from what her husband so rightly described as “poor man's mindset”. We know what it is to scrimp. Save. Settle for less than all we want.

And what we really truly want is to live as Your daughters. No longer slaves to fear! You know exactly what that looks like for each of us. We do not. But we want to!

And that is why again we ask Your presence in our day.
(7:38 a.m.)
Yes. Your presence. Your daughters.

So, as a daughter to her Father, I am asking for Your help. There is an amends I believe You would have me make. At first I thought a phone call. A potential coffee date. A letter. I'm uncertain which approach YOU would have me take. Guide me on Your perfect path here I pray.

I love You. I seek Your presence. Let me glimpse Your guidance again this day. I absolutely want to live as Your daughter. And ALL that entails! Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(391 words ~ 8:39 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment