Saturday, August 6, 2016

blundering

Saturday, August 6, 2016 (6:43 a.m.)
Holy, Blessed God,

Thank You that I get to be here with You this morning. Thank You for the rest that finally came after what seemed such a long and sleepless night.

I'm confessing to You right now that my mind isn't completely here. Instead I am rethinking mistakes in my judgment these past few days. Looking at the word mistake, I thank You for the definition of the word blunder:

“a careless, stupid, or blatant mistake involving behavior or judgment; it suggests awkwardness or ignorance on the part of the person who makes it”

That would be me these past few days. A degree of arrogance even comes into play. Father God, I feel shame. A great deal of regret. And remorse.

Psalm 69:5 (Amplified Bible, Classic Edition) describes my thinking at this very moment. “O God, You know my folly and blundering; my sins and my guilt are not hidden from You.”

The Life Recovery Bible has a comment that fits me as well. “69:5-8 David knew how important it was to recognize his sins and to admit them to God. This is an essential step toward recovery in our own life. We must accept responsibility for what we have done in the past. Then, like David, we should turn to God for forgiveness and restoration.”

Thank You Father for the opportunity of turning to You. Thank You that You are all knowing and forgiving. Take the parts of my character (folly and blundering) that are not serving You well and replace them with carefulness and correctness.

I have the privilege of helping to make or break a person's attitude toward their water experiences. I have lost sight AGAIN of the primary goal. Teaching them to be safe and have fun in and near the water. Actual swimming will come later. In it's own time.

Get me out of Your way Dearest God. It's not MY will, but THY will that is to be done. I am absolutely desperate in my plea that You would replace every blundering error I am prone to make this day with Your divine wisdom.

I am in need Dear Lord. Absolute, desperate need of YOUR wisdom! Rid me of my self and all I think I know. Replace it with Your love. Your power. Your grace.

Holy God, I love You. I long to serve You. And I genuinely want to do it well. Teach me please. Work in, with, by, through and for me I pray. Forgive my arrogance. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(434 words ~ 7:56 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment