Friday, August 26, 2016

staying present

Friday, August 26, 2016 (11:09 a.m.)
Awesome God,

Thank You! You let me sleep. Later and so much better than in such a long time. Thank You Father. Thank You. Praise You. Bless You.

Yes. It's all You.

There was another time of sleeplessness and again I remembered “You will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You” (Isaiah 26:3). I tried praying. Deep breathing. Thinking. Enumerating. And then I remembered to stay present!

My thoughts started to wander and I brought them back to the sounds I was hearing. The ceiling fan. Gentle snoring. Then I realized I was repeatedly chastising myself for the many mistakes I had made during the day.

With that, I considered what I was feeling. Physically. The smoothness of the sheets. The very next thing I knew HOURS had gone by. I had actually dreamt. Dreams I could remember. Oh how I praised [and am still praising] You!

Thank You God. Keep working in me, as only You can. Continue teaching me to “Trust in the LORD forever, for in GOD the LORD we have an everlasting rock” (Isaiah 26:4 Modern English Version). Yes. You. Our Everlasting Rock.

Use me this day. Exactly as You wish. I love You. I thank You. And I long to serve You. In the ways that You know are best. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(230 words ~ 11:45 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment