Sunday, August 28, 2016

His Cross

Sunday, August 28, 2016 (7:46 a.m.)
Blessed Lord God,

I am here. Feeling cross. Thank You that that is the word that came out. I was thinking grouchy. Grumpy. Irritated. But cross is what came out. Thank You.

Thank You because it reminded me of THE Cross! And all of my momentary grumps and crotchetiness can not for one second take away the power of Your Cross.
(9:32 a.m.)
Wow! May I just say again, “THANK YOU!”

Yes. Thank You for speaking to me in so very many ways already this morning. First of all, I was feeling sad. Sullen, really. We missed a window of opportunity to speak with our son. Their are frustrations in our yards. Some more minor than others.

But then I turned to You. To Your Word. Your Truth. And worshiped online with a community of believers. My spirit was once more stirred as I searched for a hymn containing the words “survey, wondrous, cross”.

Yes thank You Father. There's an entire section of hymns under the subheading “THE REDEEMER: HIS CROSS”. The more of the hymns I read the quicker my heart beats and the more my mind scrambles to grasp all that is being said.

Let me confess how easily overwhelmed I feel when it comes to trying to understand the Truth that is found in Your Cross. It's so far beyond my comprehension. And I thank You that there is power and love that I can't even begin to fathom.

Thank You for the Truth that is spoken through hymns of old as well as modern day worship songs. First being one we have recently been singing quite regularly.

No Longer Slaves has a line that just spoke itself quite differently to me. All these weeks I've been singing I'm no longer a slave to fear and wondering what there would be about me of which others would be afraid.

This morning the phrase leapt off the screen at me! I'm no longer a slave [OF] fear! Fear does not own me! I don't have to live my life [day, moment] in fear. Thank You Jesus!

And why? Because of Your Cross!

Thank You, thank You Jesus. The second line of In the Cross of Christ I Glory sings, “When the woes of life o'ertake me, Hopes deceive, and fears annoy, Never shall the cross forsake me: Lo! It glows with peace and joy.”

Continue Your work in planting my hopes firmly in the power of Your Cross. I love You. I want to serve and represent You well this day. Teach me Lord. Do all You must. I love You. I trust You. I thank You. Amen.

(447 words ~ 10:14 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment