Thursday, August 4, 2016

sitting here

Thursday, August 4, 2016 (6:27 a.m.)
Mm, Holy God,

Thank You for every single smile. Thanks for every flicker of hope. Thank You that You are so incredibly good. And kind. Merciful. And just.

Father God, I confess to not fully understanding most of what I claim You to be. You are merciful and just. And what exactly does that mean? I know what I hope it means. That I am completely forgiven in Your sight.

I am blessed to sit here and read Your Word. I am grateful for having ready access to It and all Your promises therein.

Thank You Father for the privilege of sitting here reading Your Invitation to the Thirsty (Isaiah 55). I read. Think. Contemplate. Consider. Wonder. Hope. Desire. All because of what You offer.

Illustrated Bible Handbook says of this chapter, “Now all are invited to come to the Lord, to experience fully and freely the complete satisfaction He provides (1-2).” Wow! Thank You.

As I sit here, wanting so much to absorb all the Truth and hope You have for me this morning, it's still verse 11 that has my rapt attention. Blessed Father, I absolutely do not want to try to bend or twist Your Words to my own understanding.

So I sit here wanting to “Be still and know that [YOU are] God” (Psalm 46:10). Contemporary English Version tells us, “Our God says, 'Calm down, and learn that I am God! All nations on earth will honor me.'” Then I get to wonder, what would it be like to have all nations honor You?

Oh, holy God, how I truly thank You for this opportunity of sitting here and wondering. Go with me out into this day. I long to see You glorified. It feels like such a challenge to simply trust and believe You to be and do all You promise. Trusting and obeying is what I ask the power to do.

Thank You Father for the privilege of reading Your Word in so very many different translations. New King James Version reads, “So shall My Word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.”

The Message takes us up a few verses to remind us that You don't think the way we think. Nor do we work the way You work. It's Your decree that “as the sky soars high above earth, so the way I work surpasses the way you work, and the way I think is beyond the way you think. Just as rain and snow descend from the skies and don't go back until they've watered the earth, Doing their work of making things grow and blossom, producing seed for farmers and food for the hungry, So will the words that come out of my mouth not come back empty-handed. They'll do the work I sent them to do, they'll complete the assignment I gave them.”

I consider this an invitation to trust and believe You at Your Word. Father how I ask that You would keep working in, with, by, through and for me that I would grow in trusting and believing You to be the good and glorious God that You truly are. I love You Father. I thank You . And I praise You. Do all You must. Thank You. Amen.
(571 words ~ 7:41 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment