Thursday, August 25, 2016

agendas

Thursday, August 25, 2016 (7:12 a.m.)
Holy, Loving God,

Thank You! Thank You that I got up grumbling to myself about lack of sleep. And little energy. Thank You that I internally fussed and moped because I had once again changed my mind about what to do this morning.

Thank You that all the while this was going on inside of me I kept making baby steps of progress. Made coffee [oh thank You God for coffee!]. And breakfast. Did last night's dishes. And decided to stop here for time with You rather than continue with my own agenda.

Yes Blessed, Holy Father God, talk with me this morning about my own agendas. I had what I believed to be a very workable plan. Walk the dog. Do the laundry. Pull weeds. Clear stuff.

Thank You Father that You want more from me than what I can do. Thank You that You want all of my heart and my soul. All of my mind and my strength (Mark 12:30). Thank You that it is when I come to You exactly as I am that I catch glimpses of You.

There are times a song enters my consciousness. When I notice I am smiling for no apparent reason. Or I find myself intentionally standing up just a little bit straighter. I recognize these as my cues to pay attention. To stay my mind on You.

Yes, blessed Father. Of all the agendas I can possibly cook up for myself, it's when I sing, smile, stay and stretch that I remember that it is You to Whom I am to come. Rejoicing!

Illustrated Bible Handbook explains a little bit of what I just read in The Message. Seventy-two missionaries had returned very excited about the healing powers they had experienced. “But Jesus tells them to rejoice in their relationship with God (Luke 10:20).”

Yes. I had my own agenda this morning. And I was already berating myself for my unwillingness to stick with it. Thank You for stopping me in my tracks and reminding me from Whom the power for me to do anything truly comes. You!

Luke 10:20 The Message, “All the same, the great triumph is not your authority over evil, but in God's authority [there's that smile again!] over you and presence with you. Not what you do for God but what God does for you – that's the agenda for rejoicing.” Um. Yes!

And yes some more! Your authority. Your presence. Your power. How 'bout we do some laundry and take the dog for a walk? Thanks God. I love You so much! Amen.
(432 words ~ 7:46 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment