Wednesday, August 24, 2016

accepting

Sunday, August 21, 2016 (6:16 a.m.)
Most Awesome God,

It's the deep breathing and the sighs that most often relax my thinking to a point of peace. Thank You for that. Thank You for new ways of looking at long standing patterns. Thank You that You are so incredibly good. And offer us every single good thing You provide.
(7:03 a.m.)
Just like now...

All these Bible verses and commentators about Your goodness lead me to again fall victim to thoughts of my own wretchedness. I read of Your profound goodness and grace considering all the places I fail and absolutely do not measure up to Your standard.

I confess to You my tendency to negative thinking. The more I read the more conflicted I feel. There is hope. So very much hope found in Your Word. And then there is me. Not at all what I believe You calling me to feel, be, think and do.
(9:51 a.m.)
I know You to be good. Kind. Loving. Forgiving.

And here I sit hesitating. Refusing? Balking.

And the antonym – accepting!

Hmm. Thank You Father. I ask You to work with me this day. In me. Through me. By more. For me.

I confess my doubt to You. You promise us freedom. Power. Your Holy Spirit. Your Son. Eternity. I long to take You at Your Word. I want to accept Your kind offer. Fully. Wholeheartedly! Do all You must to align my thinking to Your Truth.

I believe You to be all You claim to be. So why do I waver? What keeps me from standing firm and accepting all You so patiently and abundantly have to give? You know what I need. I trust You to supply it.

I love You. I need You. I want You. And I thank You. Praise Your Holy name. Thank You. Amen.
(308 words ~ 10:21 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment