Saturday, August 6, 2016

cheerful

Friday, August 5, 2016 (7:17 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You!

I'd been adding to a list of negative words for much of this morning until I thought of the word cheerful. Much like the A.A. Milne Eeyore character I approached Your Word with gloomy pessimism.

Blessed Father, thank You for honestly turning my frown upside down and replacing it with smile after smile. All because of Your Truth.

“Worry weighs us down; a cheerful word picks us up” (Proverbs 12:25).

“A cheerful heart brings a smile to your face; a sad heart makes it hard to get through the day” (Proverbs 15:15).

“A miserable heart means a miserable life; a cheerful heart fills the day with song” (Proverbs 15:15).

“A cheerful disposition is good for your health; gloom and doom leave you bone-tired” (Proverbs 17:22).

Here I say it again, thank You!

I made some poor judgment calls yesterday. A battle of wills (and won'ts) took place. Tears were shed. And similar past poor judgment calls immediately came to mind. Father, forgive me.

It's very easy for me to fall hard into the trap of self denigration. Thank You that You provide me with the antidote.

I have another opportunity to make better judgments. Get me out of Your way that I would follow Your lead rather than my own.

Provide all that is needed to change my disposition to one that is cheerful and You glorifying. I love You Father. Thank You for all You've done. All that that You do. And all that You will be doing. I look forward to cheerfulness. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(274 words ~ 8:19 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment