Friday, August 12, 2016

practice trusting

Friday, August 12, 2016 (6:48 a.m.)
Holy God,

Good morning. Hello. Hi. It's been awhile. I truly don't know what to say. How about “thank You”? Yeah. Let's start there.
(7:31 a.m.)
Mm. Getting started... It just doesn't seem to be happening.

Okay. Trying again. Hi. Thank You. I get to read Your Word and get those warm, fuzzy feelings. Yet You are so much more than just a warm, fuzzy God. You are good. You are holy. You know Your plans for us. And I get to practice trusting that.

Yes. I get to keep practicing trusting You to be all You say You are. Thank You. Yes. Thank You Father for never leaving nor abandoning us.

The smile on my face is genuine. The peace in my heart is equal to the joy in my soul. Why? Because of the time we have spent together this morning pouring over Your Word. All Old Testament warnings and promises.

Disobedient people having witnessed incredible miracles, still bent on their own understanding. And doing things their own way. Father, I relate so much to disbelief and discouragement. I compare apples and oranges all the time.

Thank You that You do not leave us alone in our thinking of things. Your Word calls us to obedience. And trust!

People are unruly (Numbers 14:39-40). Walls fall into disrepair (Nehemiah 2:17-18). Yet Your promises of hope turn our sadnesses to joy (Jeremiah 31). Thank You Father.

Thank You that our hope is found in You. Your Word. Your promises. And here in The Life Recovery Bible's comment for Jeremiah 31:3, “The Israelites were on the verge of entering the Promised Land. They needed a fresh reminder of God's strength and a promise of victory.”

Father, how very often I need these reminders!

“Some may have been putting their confidence in Joshua. Others may have been depending on the strength of their armies. But no matter how strong we or our leaders might be, victory comes from God alone.”

Yes. Yes. And yes!

“Some enemies are too great for us. Our personal resources or support groups, though helpful, will never be adequate to gain victory over our dependencies. We must learn to trust God alone, for He is greater than any of the enemies we might face.”

Learn to trust God alone. Yes! I must continue to practice trusting You. How grateful I am for Your reminders. Thank You that You are indeed greater than all of the enemies we might ever face.

Mm yes! Thank You Father. Use me this day. Exactly as You wish. I love You. I long to serve You. And to represent You well. Thank You for the privilege of being Yours. I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(460 words ~ 9:03 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment