Wednesday, August 24, 2016

mainstay

Friday, August 19, 2016 (7:31 a.m.)
Holy God,

The word with which I went back to sleep much earlier this morning was mainstay. Looking it up just now I find like words. Central. Linchpin. Cornerstone. Bulwark. Chief support. Backbone. Anchor. Foundation.

Blessed Father, thank You. One word here [bulwark] led to a song singing within. A mighty fortress is our God, A bulwark never failing And You are! Thank You Father.

Thank You for the verse of Scripture that accompanies this favored hymn. Psalm 46:7. “The LORD Almighty is here among us; the God of Israel is our fortress.”

For several days my thoughts have centered on the fact that Your Spirit is here with us. Thank You for yet another reminder of this Truth.

The Life Recovery Bible comment says, “46:7-11 God, the commander of the heavenly armies, is here among us. If we put our life in His hands, we can rest, confident that He will protect us. He knows our weaknesses and can strengthen us in the needed areas, helping us to overcome the attacks we face each day. Our enemies may be strong, but God is more powerful than anything that might assail us.”

You are “our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble” (v. 1). Thank You that You remind us of Your power even through the use of one simple word. Mainstay. You are my mainstay! Amplified Bible uses these words, “A very present and well-proved help in trouble.”

I called upon You the other evening when frustration and inconvenience led me to behaving quite deplorably. Things weren't going my way and I slipped right back into a long held pattern of behavior. You reminded me that I am Your daughter.

And with that said, I just added “and You are raising me better than that”! Thank You Father. Thank You for the constant reminders we have of Your unflinching, unfailing love for us. Continue Your work in making me fully aware of the who I am in You.

I love You so very much. And I truly long to serve You well. Thank You Father. Lead and guide that I would follow You closely this day. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(373 words ~ 8:41 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment