Saturday, October 19, 2013

You, first

Saturday, October 19, 2013 (8:02 a.m.)
Holy Father God,

Thank You. There are things to do today. Places to go. People to see. Thank You for the importance of stopping by here with You, first.

Funny. Interesting. Exciting. I thought to look back at a past prayer and there was the same song I had just thought of.

♫You are the first, my last, my everything You are! And I am so incredibly grateful.

Father, it is so easy for me to get sidetracked. How glad I am to have You remind me of the simplest things. You, first! Foremost. Often. Always.

Time spent with You is always time well spent. Distractions too often win out. Thank You for so freely forgiving my careless approach to You and our time together. Spelling it out like that is embarrassing!

Creator of the Universe? Or check my latest email? Yeow! What a no-brainer. Yet what is it I far too readily drift toward?

Thank You Father. Thank You for Your Word. Your Truth. Your love. Your grace. Your promises. Right now, this moment I am blessed by reading the first few verses of Revelation. There is such hope here.

“May you have grace and peace from God who is, and was, and is to come...” (v.4b). “and from Jesus Christ who faithfully reveals all truth to us. He is the first to rise from death, to die no more. He is far greater than any king in all the earth. All praise to Him who always loves us and who set us free from our sins by pouring out His lifeblood for us” (5).

I can't thank You enough. In and of myself I can do nothing worthwhile. Coming to You, first, I am reminded that all my hope is in You. And with that, comes the Truth from another song.

♫My life is in You, Lord. My strength is in You, Lord. My hope is in You, Lord. In You, it's in You And how am I best reminded of this? By coming to You, first.

Thank You, Father. Thank You, Son. Thank You, Holy Spirit. Use me well this day, sharing Your loving Truth as I go. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(375 words ~ 8:55 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment