Saturday, October 5, 2013

comfort / "more better"


Friday, October 4, 2013 (7:39 a.m.)
Holy Father,

Thank You. Thank You for Your love. Thank You for Your presence. Thank You
(3:05 p.m.)

My plan all those hours earlier was to thank You for Your comfort. I was even pursuing 1Corinthians 14:3 at that time.

Now I'm smiling at the shift that is taking place. Smiling hugely because my current plan was to come ask You for “more better”.

You have continued Your work in and through us around here, helping us want to do and be better. As I was just considering all You've done on our behalf, I thought the phrase “more better” appropriate because it is exactly what I want. For us to continue become “more better”.

Attempting to decide which avenue to take here, I'm taking them both! Looking over in 2Corinthians 1:3,4 I read the subtitle God Offers Comfort to All. What could possibly be “more better” than that?

“What a wonderful God we have – He is the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the source of every mercy, and the one who so wonderfully comforts and strengthens us in our hardships and trials. And why does He do this? So that when others are troubled, needing our sympathy and encouragement, we can pass on to them this same help and comfort God has given us.”

Reading further into the section, at another time...

No comments:

Post a Comment