Tuesday, October 29, 2013

THANK YOU!


Tuesday, October 29, 2013 (9:05 a.m.)
Awesome God,

THANK YOU!

Thank You that thanking You is changing my attitude. I confess to feeling poor in spirit. My apple cart was upset and I lost my drive. I continued giving you lip service but my attitude stunk.

Practicing giving thanks in all things (1Thessalonians 5:18) was something I had to do, not something I wanted. But You, being the good God (Psalm 95:3) that You are, continued chiseling and reshaping my bitter heart.

Thank You that You keep giving me reminders that I am not in this alone. You are with me always, even to the end of the world (Matthew 28:20).

While I can't truly change my heart or my attitude on my own, asking You to do what I can't [or too often, won't] allows me to once again see You at work.

Thank You, Father. THANK YOU! Thank You for doing Your faithful good work in me. Thank You that when I turn from the angry bitter things, I once again catch glimpses of Your goodness and Your grace.

Thank You that when I finally come to the end of all my own feeble attempts at being better not bitter, You allow me to once again hear the music in my soul.

I Surrender [by Hillsong]. I DO want to know You more I AM desperate for You

Father, I am so incredibly grateful. You took my bitter, sad and selfish heart and are changing it. I feel it. I know it. I see evidences of it. That is the ONLY way I am able to come to You right now with a truly thankful heart (Psalm 95:2).

Thank You Father. Use me well this day. Work in and through me to Your good and to Your glory. I love You. And I truly THANK YOU! Amen.
(310 words ~ 9:56 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment