Friday, October 18, 2013

conversation


Friday, October 18, 2013 (11:58 a.m.)
Holy Father God,

Thank You! Thank You that right in the midst of confessing to not feeling up to par about some things, I realized how long it has been since I last even attempted conversation with You. Guide me in my quest toward You now.

I am confessing to You right now Blessed Father, I feel sad. Really, deeply, profoundly sad. It's my brother's birthday. And for the most part he is alone. Self imposed loneliness or not, he no longer celebrates the day of his birth. Wanting so much to respect his wishes, I do everything I can to make him know how glad I am that he was born. Just short of actually saying, “Happy Birthday”. I bring this to You Blessed Father.

It all stems from our earthly father's heart attack twenty years ago. While we may refer to it as ill-timed, I recognize and accept that YOUR timing is not ours. Nor are Your ways (Isaiah 55:8). Thank You for Your perfection in all things having to do with us.

Thank You that You are all wise and just because we'd prefer different, You truly do know best! Thank You Father. Thank You that I get to turn to You. Thank You when I finally realize how long it's been since I've asked You into my day, I am able to come back and say, “Oh yeah. I forgot.” Thank You for not holding my carelessness where You are concerned against me.

Thank You that when I finally come to my senses (however long that takes) Your Word is still here, exactly as it has been for eons. Today I get to turn to 2Thessalonians 2:15-17 and be buoyed by Your Truth.

“So, friends, take a firm stand, feet on the ground and head high. Keep a tight grip on what you were taught, whether in personal conversation or by our letter. May Jesus Himself and God our Father, who reached out in love and surprised you with gifts of unending help and confidence, put a fresh heart in you, invigorate your work, enliven your speech.”

It's YOU that does these things for me. I can eat 'right', exercise, do all the healthy things I've been taught (or too often, not!) but it's ultimately the time I spend with You in sincere conversation that I come away blessed with a fresh heart.

Thank You Father. Thank You for reminding me of my absolute need to be here with You. Quietly set aside, seeking You. Your will. Your power.

Most Dear and Blessed Father. It's my brother's birthday. I love him. Help him know how much!

Thank You for reminders. Thank You for Truth. Thank You for all You've done to grow us to this point. How I ask You to continue Your work in each of us. And not let me bypass the opportunity to converse with You regularly.

I love You so very much Dearest Dad. Thank You for calling me ever so gently back to Your presence. Use me well this day I pray. I love You. I long to serve You. And I thank You. Deeply. Genuinely. Wholly. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(537 words ~ 12:42 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment