Sunday, October 13, 2013

freely


Sunday, October 13, 2013 (6:42 a.m.)
Holy Father,

Good morning. Hello. How are You?

There's a switch. How often do I ever think to ask how You are? The assumption on my part is that You are God. Always the same. Never changing. Still wouldn't it be nice to be asked on occasion?

Hmm... Now I would like to think on all the things You are. And that has to be a list that never ends. Holy. Mighty. Loving. Kind. Slow to anger. Wise. King. Everlasting. Overflowing with grace. Father. God.

Will I pay attention to these Truths today? Or get sidetracked by other things? How I pray Dearest Father that You will be the target of my affections, being, thoughts and actions.

Much earlier I caught myself thinking of something I was going to have to do. Immediately I changed the word to get. There seems to be a freedom in getting to do something, rather than having to. I get to come out here and be with You. I get to take You with me into the day. I get to be Your child.

Words have a huge affect on me. I tend to take them quite literally. I've been known to take offense over the simplest misuse. Let me be keenly aware of the words YOU would have me use and hear this day. Show me the numerous things I get to do... and be and experience and think.

Filter my thoughts, actions, choices and affections through Your mighty, loving, unchanging grace. Father, I love You. I long to serve You as You desire to be served. To love You as You wish to be loved. To follow You as You want to be followed. And to obey You as You so rightly deserve to be obeyed.

Continue Your work in me Dearest Lord. Enable and empower me to share You freely with others. Freely. There's the word. The one I've been waiting for. The one that opened up a song that correlates perfectly with a matching Bible verse.

♫Freely, Freely “Freely you have received, freely give” (Matthew10:8). You gave to us freely. Open my hands and my heart that I would give just as freely to You.

Thank You Father for Your love, for Your Son, Your forgiveness, Your grace. All I need I find in You. Continue Your work in me that I come to truly know You as “Enough”. Yes Father. You are absolutely “Enough” of every single thing I need. Thank You Father. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(427 words ~ 8:11 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment