Monday, October 21, 2013

Psalm 90:12


Monday, October 21, 2013 (6:50 a.m.)
Blessed Father God,

Thank You! Thank You for time together with You. Thank You that I get to come before You asking that You would enable and empower me to use this day well.

The Truth of Psalm 90:12 is presented variously in a collection of translations and paraphrases:

“Teach us to use wisely all the time we have” (Contemporary English Version).

“Teach us to number our days carefully so that we may develop wisdom in our hearts” (Holman Christian Standard Bible).

“Teach us to number our days and recognize how few they are; help us to spend them as we should” (The Living Bible).

“Oh! Teach us to live well! Teach us to live wisely and well!” (The Message).

“Teach us how short our lives really are so that we may be wise” (New Century Version).

“So teach us to consider our mortality, so that we might live wisely” (New English Translation).

“Teach us to number our days so that we may truly live and achieve wisdom” (The Voice).

I confess to You Father, I have not been using the precious time You have allotted me either wisely or well. I can be highly critical of myself and rather than reciting to You a laundry list of time wasters, let me instead ask You to guide and direct my choices this day.

There truly is much to do. Others are willing to help us. Let us put their available assistance to Your good use.

Blessed Father God, I love You. I thank You for stopping me from the habit of doing busy work just for the sake of being busy. Now I ask that You would train me in the routine of following You to Your ultimate good for the day.

Turning to Proverbs 22:6, (“Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it”) my eyes fell to the penciled in bracket and exclamation point for verses 17-19.

Again I thank You for Your presence in my life. In this day. In each moment. “Listen to this wise advice; follow it closely, for it will do you good, and you can pass it on to others: Trust in the Lord.”

Blessed Father, thank You for getting and keeping my attention this morning. Thank You for another reminder of the importance of trusting You. The Life Recovery comment says, “it is wise to put our trust in God. He alone is the source of perfect love and truth. It is only by surrendering to Him that we can experience true love and discover how our life should be lived.”

Consider myself surrendered! Please show me exactly how best to use this day for Your good and Your glory. I love You Father. Thank You. Amen.
(480 words ~ 7:41 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment