Sunday, October 6, 2013

character


Sunday, October 6, 2013 (5:47 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You. You have been helping me learn to let go. Yesterday I heard myself use the phrase “character defect” in reference to myself. Will You talk with me further on this this morning?

First and foremost, I love You. I love that I get to come to You with everything. There is nothing about me that You don't already know. Thank You for loving me in spite of myself.

Thank You for the necessary changes that are being made around. Thank You for orchestrating the desire in our hearts, souls, minds and strength to make these changes in the first place.
(6:28 a.m.)

Father, I confess. I get so excited reading Your Word that my mind takes me to best (and sometimes worst) case scenarios. I read. I think. I hope. I plan...

Instead of all that right now, I'm asking for opportunity to sit quietly and enjoy Your company.

Yesterday, as we worked at communicating and goal setting, I became aware of the thought, “count it all as joy”. After first confessing to You that I honestly don't know how to do that, I searched the phrase on the internet. James 1:2-8 came up as the go to verse. This is definitely another Truth I long to practice.

You know my character Father. You know my tendency to hold on tightly to people, places and things. There are also some ideals in there as well. How I ask You Dearest Dad to do Your good work in me. Remove my shortcomings as far as the east is from the west (Psalm 103:12).

Reading a Step 7 devotional for 1John 5:11-15, entitled Eyes of Love I am reminded of Your tremendous love for each and everyone of us. After quoting Ephesians 1:4, the writer here uses other words to reiterate, “God's primary goal is to make us holy – that is to form His character in us. Looking through the eyes of love, He already sees us as we will look when His work is done.”

For all the mistakes I make, all my shortcomings and defects of character, how I thank You blessed Father for seeing me through Your loving eyes. Keep working in me I pray. Teach me to more quickly and readily let go and count it all joy.

Do in and through, with and for me all the things I am unable to do myself. Thank You for loving me so much. Enable and empower me to live this one day for Your good and Your glory. Holding onto YOU! Form Your character in me. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(446 a.m. ~ 7:00 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment