Wednesday, October 9, 2013

early


Wednesday, October 9, 2013 (5:14 a.m.)
Awesome God,

Thank You. Thank You for reminding me of the importance of getting early sleep tonight. Getting up early right now will hopefully help in that direction.

Early.
(5:50 a.m.)

Let me confess to You right now, I'm still tired. I continue fighting the idea of lying back down. Thank You for holding my attention here in Your Word.

The more I read, the more I sing. The more I sing, the more places I find to look up and start reading again.

Case in point. “Early” led me to singing Early in the morning our song shall rise to Thee which led to me looking up Holy, Holy, Holy! Lord God Almighty which took me to Revelation 4:8.

Reading the eleven verses in chapter four, I was again reminded of the four Living Beings giving You glory and honor and thanks (v.9). Then of course I began singing Let There Be Glory and Honor and Praises And reading more about this profound book.

The Life Recovery Bible comment at the bottom of the page (for Revelation 4:8-11) says, “As we make God a daily focus in our life, choosing to offer Him our gratitude and praise, we will discover a new freedom from our problems and dependencies.” True. True!

As the comment continues, again I begin singing. “Our painful circumstances will fade away in the light of His glorious love and power.” Turn Your eyes upon Jesus, Look full in His wonderful face; And the things of earth will grow strangely dim In the light of His glory and grace.

Thank You that You knew how many directions this early morning time with You would take. Thank You for the decision to stay with You here through the tiredness. Thank You for the reminder (still at the bottom of the page) that You are “greater and more powerful than anything we face.”

The comment closes with “We can entrust our life to Him, take steps to follow His will, and then praise Him for the amazing transformation that will happen in our life.”

I'm witness to that transformation! How I thank and praise You for continuing to work in each of us. Father, it is Your love that keeps us practicing forgiveness. Your love that reminds me so very early in the morning that it is You who has my best interests at heart.

How I ask You to empower and embolden me live this day worthy of Your great and encompassing love. Continue teaching me to love You with all my heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30) and others as much as myself (v. 31).

Now that's an early morning lesson. Thank You for meeting me here. Keep me near You I pray. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(470 words ~ 6:58 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment