Saturday, October 5, 2013

experiment



Saturday, October 5, 2013 (6:53 a.m.)
Awesome, Holy God,

Thank You. I got to experiment yesterday.

Mm. Experiment. Yes. I made a conscious effort at making better food choices. I was far more aware of my thoughts and thus the words I used to express myself. I remembered to pray for instead of curse another.

Thank You Father. Thank You.

Right now let me just say, “Whoa!” I don't remember reading this (Hebrews 3:6) before. And in reading more about it, there is far more getting through to me this time.

In The Life Recovery Bible, the PURPOSE of the book of Hebrews is defined, “To demonstrate the wisdom of following Christ and the foolishness of looking elsewhere for salvation.” Amen!

Oh, here's another “Whoa!”

In reading about Hearing God's Voice (Hebrews 3:1-4:13) in the Illustrated Bible Handbook, we are told that here the writer of the book of Hebrews “explores the promise of present aid, one benefit of living daily in relationship with a living Jesus.” How horrible is it for me to confess that far to often I forget that Christ is our living Lord?

Reading back in TLRB, I see the unknown writer of Hebrews tell how “Jesus has far more glory than Moses” (3:3) and what a fine job Moses had done working in God's house, as a servant (v. 5).

Verse six is what stopped me again. “But Christ, God's faithful Son, is in complete charge of God's house. And we Christians are God's house – He lives in us! - if we keep up our courage firm to the end, and our joy and our trust in the Lord.”

Wow! We Christians are God's house. And He lives in us. Amazing how easily I forget basic Truth! Father, I am looking to You. Asking that this day I will remember the Contemporary English Version of this verse.

“But Christ is the Son in charge of God's people. And we are those people, if keep on being brave and don't lose hope.”

As I experiment with today's offings, I ask You to help me “keep on being brave”. I want very much to become one who doesn't lose hope. These are truly things I can't do on my own. Enable, empower, embolden me to live this day as You would have me. Joyfully. Productively. Trusting You through it all.

I love You, Father. Thank You for experiments! Amen.
(404 words ~ 8:19 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment