Saturday, October 5, 2013

"Risks vs. benefits"


Wednesday, October 2, 2013 (3:19 p.m.)
“Risks vs. benefits”
Thursday, October 3, 2013 (8-ish a.m.)
Fontana, CA
Awesome God,

Thank You for the good sense to bring these words to You yesterday. “Risks vs. benefits”, a medical phrase I learned over a month ago dealing with side effects.

Risks vs. benefits. We face decisions everyday that weigh the consequences between risks and benefits.

It's a huge risk to be honest. Choosing words wisely can reap huge benefits. And here is where I thank You again. Thank You for the presence of mind to lead with “Risks vs. benefits”.

Bringing my heart, soul, mind and strength to You helped to put disappointment into perspecetive. Hurt feelings were addressed. A pattern of adding insult to injury was abruptly nipped right where it began.

You directed our comings in and our goings out. When the risks of attempted communication far out weighed the benefits, we stopped where we were and started again later.

YOU were in charge of our hearts. As the thoughts I was thinking led me deeper toward despair, I checked in with the beloved spouse for accuracy. Blessed Father God, YOU continue leading us to be better. To treat one another kinder. To break long held patterns that have absolutely never served us well.

Father, I can never, ever thank You enough for the benefits You have so generously and graciously bestowed upon us. I confess to far too often refusing to take the risks that will ultimately lead us to Your benefits.

Thank You for providing me with Psalm 103:2 to ponder this morning. “Yes, I will bless the Lord and not forget the glorious things He does for me.” You are such a good and gracious Father.

Continue working in and through us that we will ultimately become the loving, joyful You-fearing people You created us to be.

Father, I love You.

No comments:

Post a Comment