Sunday, October 27, 2013

provoked


Sunday, October 27, 2013 (5:52 a.m.)

Most Amazing and Awesome Father God,

A trip outside just now released a deeply profound, “Wow!” from my soul. While I wasn't consciously thinking about the exceptional beauty of the moon and stars, I did find myself standing stock-still and enjoying them nonetheless.

You do that a lot. Provoke [stir up, stimulate, motivate, incite, spark, spur, rouse, inspire, encourage, help, promote, outdo, show] emotion in me when I least expect it. Thank You Father. Thank You for the ways You work in my life.

The majority of verses I found this morning using the word 'provoke' show it in regards to becoming angry. Thank You for the reminder I came across in Hebrews 10:24, “And let us consider how to provoke one another to love and good deeds”.

Yes, Father! When it comes to provoking, let it be toward love and good deeds. Continue Your work in me to the end Dearest Dad. Thank You for such tremendously unexpected beauty in the early morning sky. Thank You for truly taking my breath away in the process.

Use me well this day in learning how best to help others show love and do good (Good News Translation). It is You I long to glorify and enjoy. Thank You for the beauty of a starry sky to clear my head and remind me of Your providence. I love You Father. Use me. Thank You. Amen.

(239 words ~ 7:31 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment