Tuesday, April 30, 2013

more so


Tuesday, April 30, 2013 (6:22 a.m.)

♫You are my Hiding Place
Blessed Father,
I desperately want to trust You. The very first words I woke up with were the ones I went to sleep thinking, “I'm afraid.” I know that is not Your best for me. You want me to be alert and keep on praying (Ephesians 6:18). Not afraid. You want me to be strong in Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10).
Earlier You blessed me with the song above. When I couldn't remember anything other than the importance of not being afraid, You reminded me of the tune played so soulfully on the guitar in church the other day. Father, how I thank You. It took almost to the end before I finally remembered the words.
♫You are my Hiding Place. You always fill my heart with song of deliverance; Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You. I will trust in You. Let the weak say, “I am strong in the strength of the Lord!”That's me Father. One who is weak and desperately in need of trusting You.
I don't want to be afraid. I want to stand firmly upon Your Word and Your promises. Psalm 32:7 says, “You are my hiding place; You protect me from trouble. You surround me with songs of victory.” I am excited to read that. And even more so the next two verses.
“The Lord says, 'I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you. Do not be like a senseless horse or mule that needs a bit and bridle to keep it under control.'” (Psalm 32:8-9) That's me! A senseless horse. I've been reckless. Careless. Foolhardy.
Today I ask You to keep me SAFE. Strong in You and Your great power (Ephesians 6:10). Alert and always praying (Ephesians 6:18). Faithful, even unto death (Revelation 2:10). Earnest and repentant (Revelation 3:19).
Fear comes easy to me. How I thank You for again reminding me that Who and What I am to fear is You (Revelation 14:7). “'Fear God,' he [an agel] shouted, 'and extol His greatness. For the time has come when He will sit as Judge. Worship Him who made the heaven and the earth, the sea and all its sources.'”
Yes! Fear YOU! Thank You Father. Thank You for the reminder to Fully Esteem And Revere You. You ARE my Hiding Place! You always fill my heart with songs of deliverance; Whenever I am afraid I will trust in You Thank You Father. Thank You for rebuking me. Thank You for doing what You have to do to get my attention.
Thank You for the many translations of Revelation 3:19 that invite us to get back on track with You. “I correct [rebuke] and punish [discipline] those whom I love. So be eager to do right [zealous; earnest], and change your hearts and lives [repent]” (Expanded Bible). “I correct and punish the people I love. So show that nothing is more important to you than living right. Change your hearts and lives” (Easy-to-Read Version). “I correct and discipline everyone I love. So be diligent and turn from your indifference” (New Living Translation). “I speak strong words to those I love and I punish them. Have a strong desire to please the Lord. Be sorry for your sins and turn from them” (New Life Version).
Do in and for me Father all the things I am incapable of doing on my own. Like making the right choices that will lead me back out of the bondage of indifference and fear. Thank You for being my Hiding Place. Thank You for Your love and Your presence. Help me use them well this day. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(632 words ~ 7:49 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment