Tuesday, April 16, 2013

powerful words


Tuesday, April 16, 2013 (6:45 a.m.)
Holy Father God,
Thank You. May I once again say how amazed I am by the power of words? YOUR Words especially.
The one I started out with this morning was 'blame'. I'm not sure where I got it, but there it was. Thank You that I knew I didn't want to go in that direction. In looking up it's antonym (opposite) and origin I was schooled more than I expected.
The antonym listed was 'absolve', which quickly led to 'set free' and happily for me 'forgive'. These are powerfully important words. Words I want to incorporate into my everyday being.
Next up came the origin and its association to 'blaspheme'. Speaking irreverently of You and Your sacred things is absolutely not what I want to be known for. Instead I ask that You guide and direct my heart and soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30) along the lines most pleasing to You.
Looking for a scapegoat or pointing fingers at others for my circumstances are no longer avenues I wish to explore. Instead I want my thoughts and feelings lined up with the all Truthful power of Your Word.
Thank You Father. Thank You for the opportunity to call You “Father” (Luke 11:2). Thank You for the freedom of approaching You exactly as I am; fully hoping, expecting, believing that You will change me right where I am.
There are changes that need to be made in my attitude, my work ethic, the ways I use the time You have allotted me. Do for me here what I am unable to do in myself. Forgive me for wasting. Work in me that I truly become a blessing to and for others.
I love You so much and I truly long to be all You have created for. Thank You for the wonder working power of the precious blood of Your Lamb The mighty Power available to us all. Help me live this day in, through and on Your powerful words. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(344 words ~ 8:06 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment