Sunday, April 28, 2013

"live well"


Sunday, April 28, 2013 (7:09 a.m.)
Amazing Father God,
I want to live Your Word today. Far too often I am content with just living my feelings. Today I am asking that I “Be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power” (Ephesians 6:10). Father, I want desperately to “live well” this day. I have no idea what exactly that is going to look like, but I'm excited to think of all the changes it will bring to us.
Yes Father. I want to live Your Word this day that I may indeed “live well” with You. The apostle Paul wrote to the believers in Colosse to show that Christ is the only real source of power in our life. When I allow my thoughts to drift over to focusing on the fears of living in this world I lose the power I gain from Your Truth.
Paul told the Colossians, “Be assured that from the first day we heard of you, we haven't stopped praying for you, asking God to give you wise minds and spirits attuned to His will, and so acquire a thorough understanding of the ways in which God works. We pray that you'll live well for the Master, making Him proud of you as you work hard in His orchard. As you learn more and more how God works, you will learn how to do your work. We pray that you'll have the strength to stick it out over the long haul – not the grim strength of gritting your teeth but the glory-strength God gives. It is strength that endures the unedurable and spills over into joy, thanking the Father who makes us strong enough to take part in everything bright and beautiful that He has for us” (Colossians 1:9-12).
Father God, I want to live well for You. You have blessed me repeatedly. I long to have my heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30) aligned with all You know is best for me.
Your Word is a treasure trove of how to live well. We are told to love You with all our heart, soul, mind and strength and to love others as well as we love ourselves (Mark 12:31). Yesterday I was blessed by being a part of a wedding ceremony. I got to read Paul's words describing love to the people of Corinth. I want to live each day here as though I truly believe what I read, because I do!
“I may speak in different languages, whether human or even of angels. But if I don't have love, I am only a noisy bell or a ringing cymbal... Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous, it does not brag, and it is not proud. Love is not rude, it is not selfish, and it cannot be made angry easily. Love does not remember wrongs done against it. Love is never happy when others do it wrong, but it is always happy with the truth. Love never gives up on people. It never stops trusting, never loses hope, and never quits” (1Corinthians 13:1-7).
Father God, it is only in and through Your mighty strength and power that I can live well Your love. Psalm 23 reminds me that You are my Shepherd and I am sheep. I am safe in You! Ephesians 6 (13-17) tells me that I must dress each and every day in Your armor, preparing for the spiritual battle that is sure to come. You have equipped us with every single thing needed to live well this day. Do NOT let me go out again without: the belt of Truth, the breastplate of righteousness, feet fitted with the gospel of peace, the shield of faith, the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit. You know my every need. You have provided for them all. Let me use well the resources You knew to give us.
Finally, I ask You to make me truly grateful. In all things. Always. “Always grateful of grace with God”. It's a tall order. One I absolutely cannot achieve on my own. I need the strength of Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10), the alertness to pray at all times (Ephesians 6:18), the faithfulness to follow You even unto death (Revelation 2:10) and the earnestness to repent and “become enthusiastic about the things of God” (Revelation 3:19). These are what I need to live well this day. I ask You, in Your Son's most Holy name to supply my every need. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(755 words ~ 9:16 a.m.)   

No comments:

Post a Comment