Thursday, April 4, 2013

fear and trembling


Thursday, April 4, 2013 (12:04 p.m.)
Most Amazingly Blessed Father,
Thank You! You have taken my usually fearful heart and laid a new piece of optimism. I followed Your lead yesterday. You told me to be reconciled with a loved one. With fear and trembling I obeyed.
After receiving confirmation that there was not the problem I had thought there was, You laid upon my heart the desire to call a completely different person. Again, with fear and trembling, I obeyed.
This morning You blessed me with a 55 minute phone call reconnecting me with a dear friend from the past. Immediately following that call came the desire (again, YOU!) to dial another. Again, the same opportunity to reconnect. And this time to share some of the practice following You yields in our lives.
Father, I love You. There is a peace inside that is motivating me to take care of business I have been avoiding. This is not something I can ever manufacture on my own. I took that one step of faith yesterday and today I am experiencing a power that is absolutely not my own.
Much like the woman in Mark (5:25-34) who believed she would be healed just by touching Jesus' clothing (v.28) it is YOU I want to step toward with fear and trembling (v. 33). It is so easy for me to get side-tracked. My focus gets taken off of You and I forget all I am in Your presence. Thank You for the ease with which my giants have been met this day. Thank You for reminding me who I am in Christ.
Thank You for the gladness with which this day began and the joy in which it has proceeded. Continue using me as a light of Your grace and glory. I love You so very much. Thank You. Amen.
(308 words ~ 12:40 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment