Wednesday, April 24, 2013

More than enough!!!


Wednesday, April 24, 2013 (11:12 a.m.)
Most Holy Father God,
I am here asking Your forgiveness of my self centeredness. I have been moping and coddling and all in all just plain out feeling sorry for myself for awhile now. I'm not good at acceptance. I keep wanting what I don't have instead of being grateful for all I do.
Ah, yes Lord! There is that word which was spoken last night. Grateful. Ah yes Lord, make me grateful!
An entire week has passed with my feeble attempts at spending time with You frittered away. I have been extraordinarilarly careless with my health, time, energy and thinking. Father, I take Your love and faithfulness far too much for granted and I want desperately to revere You with the awe and esteem You so rightly deserve.
Negativity is such a slippery slope with me. One I know far too well to stay away from. Yet there I was, once again thinking, “just this little bit won't hurt me”. I stopped exercising. No longer cared to make healthier food choices. Spent very little (next to no) time with You in Your Word. And here I am once again afraid of practically everything!
I'm not nice enough. I don't care enough. I haven't tried hard enough. And I am harder on myself than anyone else could ever be.
(5:10 p.m.)
And here I am all these hours later reminding myself that I am grateful enough to say “Thank You, Father.” Thank You that I am loved enough (John 3:16).
You certainly have Your work cut out for Yourself in regards to me. We take a few steps forward Together; then my mind gets side-tracked, my heart becomes discouraged, my soul grows weary and my physicality weakens.
Here I am Father, after all these days of false starts and stops. Here I am FINALLY saying, no, make that SINGING I am so glad that Jesus loves me, Jesus loves me, Jesus loves me; I am so glad that Jesus loves me, Jesus loves even me
I will NEVER be enough! But Jesus is!!!! Thank You Father for this l-o-n-g difficult week of being reminded just how very much You and He love even me. More than enough!!! Thank You Father. I love You! Amen.
(381 words ~ 5:31 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment