Monday, April 15, 2013

considerate


Monday, April 15, 2013 (7:01 a.m.)
Most Wonderfully Awesome, Incredible God,
Father, thank You! Thank You for Your love which inspires our love for You, ourselves and others (Mark 12:29-31). Talk with me this day about all it is that You would have me thinking and doing.
I came out here expecting to explore the word 'considerate'. Is that what You have for me? Or are we going with 'inspire'. Guide and direct me I pray.
(8:19 a.m.)
And guide You did. Romans 15:1. Under Living to Please Others, the apostle Paul emphasizes what he has been teaching about The Danger of Criticism (Chapter 14).
Father, there is just so darned much here! One verse takes me back one chapter which leads me back even further. While my head is nodding, my soul is screaming, “Yes! Yes!”
Father, I LONG to live my life (each and everyday!) with the commitment for others that Paul encourages. The Roman believers were not perfect. They had serious problems. There were racial and cultural differences, including what to eat and drink.
Paul urged Your people to set aside the competitive nature of the world and work together with a sincere love for one another. That all encompassing love which comes only from Your perfect love for each and every one of Your believers; of which I am blessed to be considered one.
Father, it is Your forgiving love that allows me to spend time in Your Word learning what it is to forgive ourselves and others. Again and again Paul teaches that forgiveness leads the way to joy. Too often we take the wrong road and have to go back and pick up again where we left off. Thank You that Your love offers us that opportunity.
There is much to do around here today Dearest Father. Much more than I could ever hope to accomplish. I myself do not have the wherewithal to stay focused or commited to the task. YOU have the power to do in and through me that which I cannot do myself. It is to You I turn asking that You would order my day and attitude to match what You would deem worthy of Your daughter.
Romans 15:1 is the verse that brought me here, “We who are strong must be considerate of those who are sensitive about things [eating and drinking practices] like this. We must not just please ourselves.” But there is so very much more to all Paul had to say. 
Work in my heart Dearest Father. Change all I feel, am, think and do (Mark 12:30) to align with the woman You would have me be.
I love You Father. I cherish, worship and adore You. Work in me that I would do it so much better. Thank You Father, that I get to pray saying, “Amen.”
(469 words ~ 9:08 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment