Thursday, April 25, 2013

♫ Jesus Loves Even Me! ♫


Thursday, April 25, 2013 (10:16 a.m.)
Most Holy Father God,
I love You. And way better than that, YOU love me! I must confess though, that is a fact that I still can't begin to comprehend. I read of it. I consider it. I choose to believe it. And I fall tremendously short of actually living it!
Thank You Father that I even have words to sing of it. Randomly. Intentionally. Heartfully. Soulfully. Mindfully. I am so glad that our Father in heav'n Tells of His love in the Book He has giv'n. Wonderful things in the Bible I see – This is the dearest, that Jesus loves me. I am so glad that Jesus loves me, Jesus loves me, Jesus loves me. I am so glad that Jesus loves me; Jesus loves even me!
I read Your Word. I find so much hope in believing that I am included as one who is described in Jeremiah 17:7-8. “But blessed is the man [woman] who trusts in the Lord and has made the Lord his [her] hope and confidence. He [she!] is like a tree planted along a riverbank, with its roots reaching deep into the water – a tree not bothered by the heat nor worried by long months of drought. Its leaves stay green, and it goes right on producing all its luscious fruit.”
Father I confess to living much more like the man detailed in verses five and six. “The Lord says: Cursed is the man who puts his trust in mortal man and turns his heart away from God. He is like a stunted shrub in the desert, with no hope for the future; he lives on the salt-encrusted plains in the barren wilderness; good times pass him by forever.”
I have been focusing so much on disappointments and hurt feelings, I haven't been at all willing to look to You for the riches You have in store. The longer I stayed away from You and Your Truth, the easier it was for me to wall myself off with bitterness and fear.
Father, thank You that even this tendency is represented in this blessed hymn dating all the way back to 1871. Tho' I forget Him and wander away, Still He doth love me wherever I stray. Back to His dear, loving arms would I flee, When I remember that Jesus loves me... Jesus loves even me!
As I continue searching Your Word, I am reminded even more of Your all encompassing love. The apostle Paul wrote Your church at Rome to tell them, “We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they are good for us – they help us learn to be patient. And patience develops strength of character in us and helps us trust God more each time we use it until finally our hope and faith are strong and steady” (Romans 5:3-4).
You are more keenly aware of the weakness of my character than I. You see how easily my heart, soul, mind and body (Mark 12:30) jump ship when any hint of trouble arises. Thank You Father that none of me surprises You. I ask that You would continue Your good and faithful work in me that I will more closely resemble Paul's words in verse five.
“Then when that happens [our hope and faith are strong and steady], we are able to hold our heads high no matter what happens and know that all is well, for we know how dearly God loves us, and we feel this warm love everywhere within us because God has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with His love.”
Yes Father, I love You. But W-A-Y more important than that, YOU love me! WOW!! Thank You. Help me do something wonderful with Your love this day. Thank You. Amen.
(646 words ~ 1:31 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment