Monday, December 5, 2011

YOUR Word

Monday, December 5, 2011 (7:48 a.m.)

Beloved, Precious Jesus,

Thank You! Again! Thank You! MY plan was to come talk to You about ‘expectations’ and their being “premeditated resentments”. Thank You Dearest Jesus that YOUR Way is ALWAYS so much better than mine!

Turning to Your Word is such the best thing for me to do. I want comfort. Solace. Truth. Encouragement. Deliverance. All these and so much more I find in Your Word. Thank You Jesus.

I wasn’t at all sure of what I would find in turning to Proverbs 10:28. “The hopes of the godly result in happiness, but the expectations of the wicked come to nothing.”

What I found was a star and an exclamation point at the bottom of the page in the Life Recovery Bible. They preface the comment regarding verse 25, “Disaster strikes like a cyclone and the wicked are whirled away. But the good man has a strong anchor.”

“Whether or not our ship continues to sail through the many storms we encounter depends on our readiness to drop the anchor of faith during the storm. The anchor will never make the storm stop, but it will hold us firm so we don’t drift to our destruction. When we are encountering difficulties in life, it is a real challenge to be content to weather the storm and to learn what God is teaching us through it. For people of faith, such trials are an opportunity for personal growth (see 24:10).”

Your Word reminds me of the hope I have in You Dearest Jesus. You ARE my Anchor! “Our refuge and strength, a tested help in times of trouble” (Psalm 46:1). Thank You Jesus.

Turning to Proverbs 24:10, I am reminded, “You are a poor specimen if you can’t stand the pressure of adversity.” Truth Jesus. Your Word gives us Truth! Thank You.

Reading the verses above, I also read the commentary to verse 8, “To plan evil is as wrong as doing it.”

“This verse is not saying that planning and doing evil are the same thing. But evil actions are born of wrong motives. It is wise to take moral inventory, not just of our actions, but also of our motives. Confessing a sinful action is like pulling a weed but leaving the roots; it will reappear in time. Confessing a sinful motive is like pulling a weed out by its roots; the source of the trouble is gone.”

Blessed Jesus I have been playing around again with ‘righteous indignation’, that ‘typically reactive emotion of anger over perceived mistreatment, insult, or malice’. This is never a safe place for me. I know better. YOUR Word reminds me every single time I forget. Thank You Jesus. I love You. Amen.

(457 words ~ 10:03 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment