Sunday, December 11, 2011

I DO

Sunday, December 11, 2011 (6:45 a.m.)

Awesome, Incredible, Blessed Lord Jesus,

Thank You! Thank You for blessings that abound. Blessings we might not even be aware of while they are happening. Blessings that keep us coming back to You. And here’s the selfish part Dearest Jesus, I know that I keep coming back for MORE!

Thank You that just now I was able to find Blessed Be Your Name with no problem at all. I wasn’t even sure of the song for which I sought, yet here it was.

Blessed be Your name In the land that is plentiful Where Your streams of abundance flow Blessed be Your name Blessed be Your name When I’m found in the desert place Though I walk through the wilderness Blessed be Your name Every blessing You pour out I’ll turn back to praise And when the darkness closes in, Lord Still I will say Blessed be the name of the Lord Blessed be Your name Blessed be Your glorious name

Absolutely, blessed Jesus I confess to You right now that blessing Your glorious name comes to me far easier during the good times. When situations and things show themselves outright to be blessings. Not those that come to us in disguise.

But You’re working in me here. You keep reminding me that I DO believe You to be a good God! While ‘I may not know what tomorrow will hold, I DO know Who holds it!’ Thank You Jesus!

Yesterday we were able to witness the tearful reconfirming of wedding vows by a couple that had originally reaffirmed them twenty-five years ago. While I just now realize that it was probably said in Spanish, I believe the translation would still be “I do”. No. I take that back! I just now remembered they both added words to emphasize their responses. Help me remember to ask them what they said and what it meant.

THAT is the kind of commitment I want to have with YOU Dearest Lord Jesus! Unqualified. Absolute. No turning back. “In good times or bad, sickness and health, for richer or poorer, as long as we both shall live.” And since I am set to live eternally with You in Your Kingdom, this is a vow I do not take lightly!

I DO Lord Jesus. I DO take You to be The One I trust. Depend upon. Worship. And adore. Remind me to bless Your name equally On the road marked with suffering Though there’s pain in the offering as I DO When the sun’s shining down on me When the world’s ‘all as it should be’

I love You so very much Dearest Lord Jesus. I DO want to be an equal opportunity praiser! Thank You. Amen.

(459 words ~ 7:43 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment