Wednesday, December 28, 2011

♫Joy To the World♫

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 (10:47 a.m.)

Grr, Growl, Grumble,

Again! Honest. This morning I actually woke up singing Joy To the World Now I’m allowing puny, petty frustrations to again steal my joy. Or am I just all too readily forfeiting it? Hmm. Let’s talk about that shall we?

I get to choose. I can focus on the positives OR the negatives. The pain or the pleasure. The good or the bad. Keep working in me Lord Jesus.

There IS joy to be found in every situation. I believe that. Truly I do. Too easily I whine. Mope. Brood. Sulk. Absolutely NOT the way to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior!

Truly I thought I had been preparing You room. I’ve been watching and waiting. Even wondering. Pondering. But then, seemingly every single chance I have to choose between life and death (Deuteronomy 30:19) I lean toward thinking of the things that do NOT bring me joy!

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 (7:15 a.m.)

This morning Lord Jesus, I will once again attempt to practice gratitude. Too often I get lost in thinking of the way I want things to be, instead of accepting the way things are. Forgive me.

Yesterday I wanted to motivate myself toward joy. Today let me follow You to it. It doesn’t seem to be something I can willfully manufacture. Teach me more about Your joy. The joy You want us to share with others. That joy that You would have us Go, Tell It on the Mountain That Jesus Christ is born!

That Truth, that Gift alone is enough to bring us pure joy. Why am I so resistant and reluctant to take hold and believe that this joy is meant for me as well?

I read again and again in Your Word of Your power and Your strength. I sing of it in these wonderful Christmas songs. He rules the world with truth and grace And makes the nations prove The glories of His righteousness And wonders of His love I sing it. But right now I confess to You Dearest Lord Jesus, I’m not buyin’ it. Forgive me. Change me. Help me see that which is eluding me. I am truly missing the wonders of Your love. I want desperately to know You and Your peace. That is what I pray this day, that I will come to know You well enough to truly share YOUR Joy To the World

Thank You Lord Jesus. I love You. Amen.

(417 words ~ 8:15 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment