Saturday, December 17, 2011

resounding

Saturday, December 17, 2011 (3:55 a.m.)

Blessed Lord Jesus,

I love You. I got some pretty good sleep and I might even go back for some more. I just thought I’d start the day off with a good, resounding, “I love You!”

(6:54 a.m.)

I’ll follow that with an equal, or even bigger “Thank You!” Thank You for added sleep. But thank You even more for the name and words to the song I was seeking much earlier.

When I first started humming it, I truly thought the word resounding was in it. As I continued searching, I became equally sure that it was not. Thank You for allowing me to finally see for myself.

You are the Lord, The famous One, Famous One, Great is Your name in all the earth, The heavens declare You’re glorious, glorious, Great is Your fame beyond the earth

Interesting, as I was looking up this song by Chris Tomlin another one came to mind. It turns out also to be by him.

Again I was thinking the word resounding was in it, having something to do with the world’s renown. On further examination of Holy is the Lord I find that the words are actually It’s [Your glory] the anthem of the Lord’s renown

Here is where I must confess that I don’t even know where all this is taking me. So far I’ve read some verses in Daniel, 1 Chronicles and Isaiah. All cause me to smile and nod my head in agreeance. Rather than continuing to go from here to there, I’m asking Lord God, what would You like to say to me this morning? What do You want me to learn? To know? To carry with me throughout this day?

And now I am reading 2Corinthians (1:17-22) in The Cotton Patch Gospel. Paul was writing to the church of Corinth. Explaining his change of plans in not coming to visit them.

“Now once I’ve made up my mind on something, do I treat it lightly? Or when I decide on something, do I arrive at it through human reasoning, so as to qualify it with a ‘maybe so’ or a ‘possibly not’? God knows that when we give you our word it is not both yes and no. God’s Son, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us – by me and Silas and Timothy – was never both yes and no, but a resounding yes! For God’s many promises, made through His Son, are a strong yes. Even the amen is an affirmation by us of God’s glory. It is God who organized both you and us into a Christian fellowship and gave us the power to endure. He put (His) big stamp of approval on us and poured into our hearts the first installment of the Holy Spirit.”

Teach me Lord to let my “yes” mean yes! This next week is filling up quite quickly with a myriad of things to do. Let me learn to measure their importance through the good of Your Kingdom’ glory.

I read this morning of a resounding victory, resounding instruments and resounding joy. Right now Dearest Lord Jesus let me practice a resounding yes! Yes, I love You! Yes, Your Word is true! Yes, You are good! And yes, I long to do Your will. Work in me and through me this day, I pray. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(570 words ~ 8:31 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment