Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Jesus

Sunday, December 25, 2011 (7:18 a.m.)

Happy Birthday Jesus!

Your birth is what we’re here to celebrate. Not Santa. Not presents. YOU! Thank You that You have all the patience necessary to forgive us when we forget that very simple truth.

Thank You Jesus that with all the shopping and baking and wrapping and decorating, time spent in the wonder of You is truly where we're supposed to put our efforts.

Monday, December 26, 2011 (8:05 a.m.)

I confess, Blessed Jesus, I didn’t do that yesterday. I put my energies into nursing old wounds and growing grudges. NOT very Christ honoring to be sure!

I woke up with the Truth that Christmas is a Time to Love I knew it. I fully believed it. But when feelings actually got pushed and shoved around, love was the first thing to go, right out the window.

Thank You Jesus that You love us so much more than that. Thank You that I can go to church, still struggling with residual ugliness and You continue to minister to me. Thank You Jesus that the Truth of this particular Psalty song rings truer every single time I sit long enough to truly hear it.

We often start to worry, and people get upset, if things don’t all go right on Christmas Day. What we should remember in all the push and shove Is Christmas is a time to love. Maybe things don’t sound right, or look the way they should, and maybe they’re not perfectly in tune. It really doesn’t matter, let’s keep our eyes above ‘Cause Christmas is a time to love

How I thank You Blessed Jesus. As much noise as I made this Advent Season about there being more to Christmas than what the marketing departments were showing us, what I offered You yesterday was equally despicable. Forgive me I pray.

As I begin this second day of Christmas, I ask not only for Your patient, loving forgiveness but Your powerful strength as well. Do in and through me that which I clearly cannot do in and of myself. Enable me to love the unlovable, which in this particular case just happens to be me!

Thank You Jesus. I truly DO love You so much. Let me keep my mind focused on You and Your love for all of us. Thank You. Amen.

(392 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment