Monday, December 12, 2011

Rejoice!

Monday, December 12, 2011 (5:44 a.m.)

Blessed Lord Jesus,

My body hurts. Am I moving incorrectly? Have I developed really bad habits of holding myself in wrong positions? Is there some kind of destructive repetition of which I am unaware? Is there something You want me doing differently?

Will You talk to me about this today? We’ve been down this road before. I believe I am becoming more aware...

(7:00 a.m.)

I find it interesting how a few extra minutes of rest can change my whole outlook. Yes. My body still hurts. But as I lay in our very warm bed, I found myself singing Rejoice in the Lord always And again I say ‘Rejoice’ I want to do that Blessed Jesus.

No matter the circumstances. I want to “Always be full of joy in the Lord; I say it again, rejoice!’ (Philippians 4:4) Yes Lord Jesus, teach me to be a person who rejoices!

We have a much-loved one going in for surgery today, with an expected recovery time of six weeks. Lord God how I ask You to bless her, the medical professionals, all those involved with her care. Use me during this process to be helpful in the ways You want. Bless the process as well as the progress, I pray.

And now, back to the idea of rejoicing. Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel Shall come to thee, O Israel! “The virgin will give birth to a Son, and will call Him Immanuel” (Isaiah 7:14). “They will call Him Immanuel – which means, ‘God with us.’” (Matthew 1:23)

At this particular time of Advent, as we truly prepare our hearts for the coming Christ, I am so excited to be here with You this morning.

Turning from the praise song with which I first started, to the hymns of the Advent Season I am singing more of Your names as I move over to read Psalm 111. Prince of Peace, Counselor, merciful Son of God, Lord of Hosts, Conqueror, Coming King and Ever living God, I extol You; Lord, I extol You. You are high above the earth; All creation shouts Your worth! I extol You; Lord, I extol You. My Jehovah, I extol You

“Hallelujah! I want to express publicly before His people my heartfelt thanks to God for His mighty miracles. All who are thankful should ponder them with me. For His miracles demonstrate His honor, majesty, and eternal goodness. Who can forget the wonders He performs – deeds of mercy and of grace?” (Psalm 111:1-5)

Your Word has so very much Hope and Truth in It! We turn to It and just can’t help but come away from it rejoicing! Help me do exactly that all this livelong day, Dearest Lord Jesus. Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel Shall come to thee, O Israel!

Yes Lord. Rejoice! Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(473 words ~ 8:18 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment