Thursday, December 8, 2011

palpable peace


Thursday, December 8, 2011 (6:34 a.m.)
Precious Lord Jesus,
A wave of palpable peace washed over me on the drive home last night. I think it was the most supernatural feeling I’ve ever experienced. Truly Lord Jesus, I was so excited by it I had great trouble sleeping throughout the night.
I kept thinking how awesome it is to honestly BELIEVE You at Your Word. The various verses I have clung to over the years seemed to take on a deeper meaning. There was [IS] a keener sense regarding, “Of course this hope is sure! There IS no reason to be afraid!”
Jesus, I have tested the surety of Your Word in the past. I have chosen to stand on and cling to a variety of verses through the years. I do not ever remember my mind automatically shifting over to believing, “Jesus is at work in this.” Thank You!
Thank You that just now as I was trying to describe this “perfect peace” to myself Peace like a River came to mind. As I turned in a hymnal to find a corresponding Scripture verse to go along with it, I saw It Is Well with My Soul How many chills have come to my body, how many tears have I shed over the Truth of this mighty hymn?
And just look at the very first phrase! When peace like a river attendeth my way Blessed Jesus, thank You! When I’ve considered this song before, it is usually in regards to the phrase that follows. When sorrows like sea billows roll; What ever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say, “It is well, it is well with my soul
I BELIEVED Your Truth last night Dearest Jesus! Every single time I woke I knew You are good. Not because I had to think about it and force myself to believe something I’ve been taught. I just KNEW and believed I could trust and depend on You! Thank You Jesus.
I thought for sure Philippians 4:6-7 was the part of Your Word I would take with me most today. “Don’t worry about anything; instead pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don’t forget to thank Him for His answers. If you do this, you will experience God’s peace, which is far more wonderful than this human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus.”
Then I thought it was going to be Psalm 46:10a. “Be still, and know that I am God!”
Ah, but it is Isaiah 26:3 that wins out this morning. Isaiah 26:3 that I most want to commit to memory and be able to recite precisely word for word. “He will keep in perfect peace all those who trust in Him, whose thoughts turn often to the Lord!”
You are working in me Dearest Jesus. I know it. I FELT it! Keep it up. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(501 words ~ 7:54 a.m.)
P.S. I just had the thought, “God’s got this! I don’t know what He’s going to do with it, but I know He has it!” Thank You Jesus. Thank You Father. Thank You Holy Spirit. Amen. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment