Tuesday, December 6, 2011

caring

Tuesday, December 6, 2011 (6:28 a.m.)

Sweetest Jesus,

There is love That came for us Humbled to a sinner’s cross You broke my shame and sinfulness You rose again victorious Thank You Jesus for the privilege of waking up singing to You.

Faithfulness none can deny Through the storm And through the fire There is truth that sets me free Jesus Christ who lives in me Thank You that even though I continue thinking that I have stopped caring about most things [even people L] around me, Your Truth bolsters me through music that is deep in my soul.

You are stronger You are stronger Sin is broken You have saved me It is written Christ is risen Jesus You are Lord of all Thank You Blessed Jesus that this morning I awoke absolutely knowing, ‘Christ Always Reigns Eternal’.

Lately it has become far too easy for me to continuously fall into the trap of saying “I don’t care”. Caring is hard work. It requires more of me than I think I am capable. But You ARE stronger… and I am grateful!

No beginning and no end You’re my hope and my defense You came to seek and save the lost You paid it all upon the cross Jesus, thank You! Thank You that You are able to do in and for me that which I am incapable. In and of myself I can’t care. It’s risky. My reservoir is tapped out. I don’t have it in me anymore. BUT…

You are stronger Sin is broken You have saved me These are truths that do not change with circumstances. These are solid absolutes. Bedrock! The very firm foundation on which I get to place my hope and faith and trust. You Dearest Jesus are the very CORE of my being!

Every single time I think I don’t or won’t or can’t care, I get to come before You exactly as I am. Hurt. Scared. Disillusioned. And I get to ask You to do for me that which I am unable on my own. Help me care Dearest Jesus! Remove the barrier to my caring. Open the floodgates and help me care again.

So let Your name Be lifted higher Be lifted higher Christ Always Reigns Eternal!

It is only in and with and through and for You that I can begin caring again. “For I can do everything God asks me to with the help of Christ who gives me the strength and power” (Philippians 4:13). Thank You Jesus! This is definitely a Truth worth caring about!

I love You. And thank You. Amen.

(432 words ~ 734 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment