Wednesday, December 7, 2011

♫Where's the Line to See Jesus♫


Wednesday, December 7, 2011 (7:14 a.m.)
Anaheim, CA
Incredibly Merciful and Loving God,
Father, thank You. Thank You for the mercies You show us new everyday. Reading Lamentations 3:22-24 in the Easy-to-Read Version of Your Word just now I love the hope. The promise. The simplicity. “We are still alive because the LORD’S faithful love never ends. Every morning He shows it in new ways! You are so very true and loyal! I say to myself, The LORD is my God, and I trust Him.”
Father, thank You. Thank You that we are called to trust You. What a gift. I’m confessing to You Dearest God [as if You don’t already know] I was truly considering taking a ‘pass’ this Christmas. I’m not at all a fan of what this blessed season has come to represent.
It started in me before Thanksgiving, with the many ads pimping “Black Friday” sales. A time that is supposed to be set aside to reflect the true Gift we were given in the birth of Your Son seems to have become little more than a marketing ploy.
Ah, but You are good Dearest Father! I noticed You start softening my heart in church on Sunday while Lara Landon played the piano and sang so beautifully the Truth my heart has been asking. With just the first few notes and words Where’s the Line to See Jesus? put so perfectly into words what my heart had started stoning itself off to avoid. Not only did tears sting my eyes, they streamed freely down my cheeks.
That wasn’t enough though, Most Loving God. With every overdone yard of lights and decorations I see [which once delighted me] I find I am now steeling myself against what many of them have come to represent. Instead of a time to reflect and prepare our hearts toward You and the Blessed Gift You have provided us in Your Son, I know that I have too often gotten caught up in the wrappings and the trappings to TRULY “Celebrate the REASON for the Season”.
Ah, but You being the most merciful God that You are, You keep chipping away at my steeled reserve. A simply decorated artificial tree with tiny white lights and just a few small ornaments mixed in with pompoms handmade of yarn gave me pause. I look around and see signs of JOY [both literally and figuratively] and I embrace the idea of celebrating the birth of Your Son far more understatedly than we have in the past.
I am willing to take this Advent Season ‘one day at a time’ this year Dearest God. Not unwilling to participate as I had first assumed. No. This year I want to look to You. The blessings You provide us. The mercies, compassion and love You give us new every morning. As the New International Version reminds me, “I say to myself, ‘The LORD is my portion [everything I will ever need (New International Reader’s Version)]; therefore I will wait for Him.”
Yes Dearest Lord Jesus, if I am going to wait in any line, I have to make sure it is in the one that will take me to see You! Thank You Father God. Thank You Baby Jesus. Thank You Holy Spirit. I love You. Amen!
(551 words ~ 9:06 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment