Wednesday, December 21, 2011

"and"

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 (5:58 a.m.)

Holy Jesus,

I practically ran out here just now. I was in that big of a hurry to read various translations of Psalm 23.

Somehow I was thinking of the word ‘staff’ and the next think I knew, I was eager and excited [AGOG J] to be with You.

Blessed Jesus, thank You that I have You in my life. Thank You that I am able to turn to You for my every need. Be they mental, physical, emotional or spiritual (Mark 12:30). Thank You Jesus for Your goodness and Your grace.

Just by thinking on that one particular word, it seems the floodgates of hope and peace sprang wide open. The word ‘staff’ helped me think of rod. Thinking of the two of them led me to goodness and mercy, comfort and joy. Considering all of them, I saw the connecting word “and”. I realize how very much more there is to everything we encounter.

Beginning at Genesis 1:1 and ending with Revelation 22:19, the King James Version lists 23,395 entries for this one little word.

The Illustrated Bible Handbook ends the comments for Chapter 22. Jesus Is Coming with these thoughts. “The last words of the book, which are the last words of our Bible, sum up the hope of Christians throughout the ages. ‘Yes, I am coming soon,’ sounds the promise. And all the saints gladly reply: ‘Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.’”

Yes! Come Lord Jesus indeed! Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(251 words ~ 7:13 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment