Thursday, December 15, 2011

five year old wisdom

Thursday, December 15, 2011 (12:23 p.m.)

Grumble, Growl, Gripe, Hiss, Snarl,

And finally, Thank You. Thank You Jesus that I can even bring my piss-poor mood to You. Thank You that awkward as it is, I can even use that phrase with You. I’m still not sure I want to, but there it is!

Blessed Lord Jesus, You save me from myself all the time. In the heighth [or was it depth? J] of my growling and grumbling earlier this morning, You helped me remember that I haven’t taken time here with You in days. Is it just by chance that my mood would plummet in direct relation to my absence from Your Word? I think not!

In fact, even as I scoured for something to read much earlier I was blessed by the amount of Scripture that was quoted in the little booklet I was holding. Thank You too for the reminder that I also hadn’t taken any intentional time for physical exercise either.

You are very good to me Dearest Jesus! I too often take Your kindnesses and mercies far too much for granted and I apologize. Thank You that You don’t hold me back when I finally realize that I’ve been gone from You for far too long.

Thank You that for every grunt and growl I offered in direct response to one frustration or another, Your presence in my every situation came to mind.

Thank You for the five year old who told me her limited understanding of Who You are. Thank You for the two different crèches at her home that helped her get to know a little bit more about You and Your birth. Thank You for her questions, and especially for her wisdom.

Blessed Jesus, thank You that just now I recognized my own five year old behavior in this day. I seemed to balk at every inconvenience. And that’s just what the bulk of it was for the most part. Inconveniences.

Thank You Jesus. You never cease to get my attention! Keep speaking to me. Right now I find myself reading Your Teachings about Inner Purity in Mark 7:1-23. Your Truth, Your Wisdom, so freely shared with those who put human tradition and ritual above a genuine relationship with You. I don’t want to follow their lead Dearest Jesus.

Keeping guiding, directing, and reminding me that it’s at the side of Your manger, the foot of Your Cross, and the open doorway to Your tomb that I most want to put my focus. NOT on the petty little inconveniences of my day. Thank You Jesus for the wisdom of a five year old who reminds me of what matters most in every single day. YOU!

I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(459 words ~ 1:44 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment