Tuesday, May 18, 2010

TOGETHER!

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 (8:15 a.m.)

Amazing God and Father,

Thank You!

(9:13 a.m.)

There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY that “Thank You” is anywhere near enough! But Lord. It’s what I’ve got! You, Yourself spoke through Paul to the Corinthians (2-9:7) considering giving. “Everyone must make up his own mind as to how much he should give. Don’t force anyone to give more than he really wants to, for cheerful givers are the ones God prizes.” What I have to give You this day is all my heart, all my soul, all my mind and all my strength (Mark 12:30) all my thanks, all my praise, all I have is Yours Lord!

Why? Because You love us so much! You held nothing back when it came to rescuing, redeeming and resuscitating us. Thank You Father. Our Father which art in heaven Hallowed truly IS Your name!

Lord, thank You for the hope that readily comes to those who believe and trust in Your mighty goodness and grace. This morning officially marks another day of my truly being ‘AGOG With God’ once again. It’s been quite a journey. Lots of false starts and stops along the way. Bumps in the road that have seemed like boulders.

But You Lord have not left us once. Never have You forsaken or abandoned us. And even in the midst of the sadness and the pain of misunderstanding, Your Word has been a constant guiding factor. Thank You Lord. Bless You. Praise You!

So. Today. After all these days, weeks (months, years, decades) of fighting amongst ourselves, today another avenue of communication has finally opened up! TOGETHER we will move forward! Paul told the Philippians (2:2) “Then make me truly happy by loving each other and agreeing wholeheartedly with each other, working together with one heart and mind and purpose.” Yes Lord! TOGETHER!!!!

Again Eugene Peterson (The Message) has used his words concerning Your Word to speak even more plainly to my heart. Starting with verse one and continuing through verse four, “If you’ve gotten anything at all out of following Christ, if His love has made any difference in your life, if being in a community of the Spirit means anything to you, if you have a heart, if you care – then do me a favor: Agree with each other, love each other, be deep-spirited friends. Don’t push your way to the front; don’t sweet-talk your way to the top. Put yourself aside, and help others get ahead. Don’t be obsessed with getting your own advantage. Forget yourselves long enough to lend a helping hand.”

Yes Lord. How I ask that You will continue working in us that we will TRULY come to the place that we WILL ‘forget ourselves and lend a helping hand.’

Lord, I love You. I adore You. I worship You. I thank You. Praise You. Bless You. Thank You for showing us such mercy, grace and love. You are wonderful and we are blessed by association. Thank You so incredibly much for making me truly agog with You once again!

I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(517 words ~ 10:02 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment