Sunday, May 16, 2010

more about loving

Friday, May 14, 2010 (5:44 a.m.)

Most Dear and Holy God,

Lord

Sunday, May 16, 2010 (8:49 a.m.)

Yes, Lord. Three days I have come here before You asking that You would teach me more about loving as You would have me love. Late last night when the bulk of two entries were mistakenly ‘not saved’ I considered starting again from scratch. Early this morning I believed You still have plenty more to say to me concerning love.

So Word of God speak Would You pour down like rain Washing my eyes to see Your majesty To be still and know That You’re in this place Please let me stay and rest In Your holiness Word of God speak

Mm, yes Lord. Turning to Your Word and having You speak to me within Your holy pages, across the millennium is paramount to my being. To have unrest and growing pains going on around here met with, “But the Bible says we are to…” is such a balm [fragrant ointment or preparation used to heal or soothe the skin]. We are in desperate need of Your healing and soothing Lord.

How fun it is for me to look at You and say (quite reverently actually) “Lord, You are da balm!!!” Thank You Lord! Thank You.

Lord, You ARE soothing our souls! You are helping us heal decades of incompatible communication. You are working overtime in teaching us what Your love truly looks like. We’ve been quite a bit off in our lack of granting one another a bushel of grace as needed.

Thank You that You are ever near and ready to remind us of all that You designed love to be. “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.” (1Corinthians 13:4-8a)

Lord, thank You for ever reminding me to look to You and Your Word for truth. Thank You that even in a song as simple as a number sung by Willy Wonka, I think of You singing to me, Come with me And you’ll be In a world of Pure imagination Take a look And you’ll see Into your imagination We’ll begin With a spin Traveling in The world of MY Creation What we’ll see Will defy Explanation If you want to view paradise Simply look around and view it Anything you want to, do it Wanta change the world? There’s nothing To it There is no Life I know To compare with Pure imagination Living there You’ll be free If you truly wish to be

I hear this song and think of YOUR imagination in creating the galaxies, the world and Your true paradise. Let me love the way You desire so I will someday experience all You have to offer to those of us who truly seek You. I love You Lord and I desperately want to love You, myself and others better than I have. Thank You for coming to teach us exactly how. I love You. Amen.

(545 words ~ 9:37 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment