Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

Memorial Day Monday, May 31, 2010 (7:32 a.m.)

Hallelujah Jesus,

… You are the Everlasting God Hallelujah Jesus… my Lord, beautiful You are Blessed Lord, thank You for again allowing me the privilege of awakening with thoughts and a song of You. You are so Wonderful, powerful Merciful, You are beautiful… Jesus is Your name

Truly Lord, I don’t even know how to begin thanking You for all that You are, all that You have done. Thank You for this day which has been set to remember those who have died in active military service. Again, I don’t even know how to do that.

Lord, thank You that we get to come before You inadequate, flawed, imperfect and You love us in spite of ourselves. And here, once again I find myself in the thirteenth chapter of Paul’s first letter to the Corinthians. After fully describing the importance of love, what it is, as well as what it is not (vs. 1-7) he goes on to say in verse eight, “Love never fails!”

Wow Lord! What a thought is that! I may fail – but love does not. Thank You Lord. Thank You from the bottom of my heart. As I continue reading through the end of this chapter I am again amazed by the hope You continuously provide us. “Everyone who prophesies will stop, and unknown languages will no longer be spoken. All that we know will be forgotten. We don’t know everything, and our prophecies are not complete. But what is perfect will someday appear, and what isn’t perfect will then disappear.”

Everything we work so hard for Lord will one day be gone. Even the engravings of the names of civil war soldiers erode from their headstones. Lord, how I ask that You would teach me to look ahead to the things that truly matter.

“When we were children, we thought and reasoned as children do. But when we grew up, we quit our childish ways. Now all we can see of God is like a cloudy picture in a mirror. Later we will see Him face to face. We don’t know everything, but then we will, just as God completely understands us. For now there are faith, hope, and love. But of these three, the greatest is love.”

Teach me to love as You would have me love Lord. I absolutely want to be the woman You have designed for me to be. Let us use this day to remember those who gave their lives so that we might live with the freedoms You have provided. You are such a good and gracious God and I love You so very much. Thank You Lord. Amen.

(450 words ~ 8:54 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment