Wednesday, May 26, 2010

pleasing

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 (7:23 a.m.)

Beloved Lord God,

How I thank You Lord for the love You have instilled in us. Thank You for bringing us back again and again every single time we start to stray from what it is Your love truly is meant to be. Patient, kind. Rejoicing with truth. Bearing all things, believing all things, hoping all things, enduring all things. (1Corinthians 13:4-7) It’s a pretty tall order Lord. But then again, You showed the Apostle Paul firsthand that we ‘can do all things through YOU who gives us strength’ (Philippians 4:13).

Lord, how I thank You for another opportunity to sit here pondering what You would have me do today. Sure. I have a list of places to go and people to see. There are plenty of things to pick up around here and elsewhere. I could easily lose myself to checking off completed projects. Oh but Lord, I believe You want far more from me!

Ephesians 5:10 says simply, “and find out what pleases the Lord.” Yes Lord. More than anything else today, may I find out what pleases You and then do it! I love You so much and I long to be considered pleasing in Your sight. Mm. Yes Lord. Pleasing. Hebrews 13:21 “may He equip you with all you need for doing His will. May He produce in you, through the power of Jesus Christ, every good thing that is pleasing to Him. All glory to Him forever and ever! Amen.” Yes Lord. Pleasing to You. Amen!

(257 words ~ 8:02 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment