Tuesday, May 25, 2010

time

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 (7:08 a.m.)

Good Morning Lord,

Again, my first thought is to ask You ‘How’s it going?’ What’s up with that Lord? I don’t remember such a careless, casual approach with You.

(8:47 a.m.)

Oh. I know! I’m feeling sad. And scared. And afraid. And grateful. Really, truly grateful! You allowed me the time I needed to come to You with a truly grateful heart. Thank You Lord. Thank You for time to consider all that’s going on around us and still be able to come here and say, “Thank You Lord!”

Oh most dear and loving God. Thank You that You want hearts that WANT to be with You! Thank You that I didn’t want to pretend this morning. Thank You for the time it took avoiding You to get me to the point where I couldn’t wait to once again pour out my heart to You.

Lord, You are so good. You give us so much. Help me to use all that You provide in a good and resourceful way. I do not want to be careless Lord. I love You too much to take You for granted. You are far too good and glorious for me to come before You with anything less than You deserve. You are worthy of so much more than I could ever hope to offer. Thank You for allowing me that extra time this morning to be able to get to that place of true worship within my heart.

There’s a lot going on for us these days. People visiting. Students graduating. Life throwing us unexpected curveballs. Thank You Lord, for letting me sit here long enough to be able to express concerns rather than offering up words of phony praise. Thank You for loving us so much that You wait for us to make up our minds that You truly ARE faithful to answer. NEVER will You leave us or forsake us!

And just like that! Two hours after sitting down here with You, Hebrews 13: 1-7 jumps off the page and into my heart! “Keep on loving each other as brothers. Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it. Remember those in prison as if you were fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering. Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral. Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said (Deuteronomy 31:6) ‘Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.’ So we say with confidence, (Psalm 118:6,7) ‘The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?’”

Oh most dear and faithful God. Thank You for loving us so much that You would give me time to take with You this morning. First avoiding and then running headlong into You. You love us so much that it is practically incomprehensible! Thank You Lord. Help me use the time You have allowed us this day wisely. I love You so much. Amen!

(535 words ~ 9:17 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment