Thursday, May 6, 2010

not just any ordinary day

Thursday, May 6, 2010 (7:06 a.m.)

On one hand Lord,

It seems like any ordinary day. On the other, it’s the National Day of Prayer AND our daughter’s birthday (all while she’s visiting our Nation’s capital) which makes it a very big day indeed!

Truly Lord, is any one particular day of more significance to You than any other? Is the day that is most pleasing to You referred to when You spoke to King Solomon after he finished building the temple? 2Chronicles 7:14, “then if my people will humble themselves and pray, and search for me, and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear them from heaven and forgive their sins and heal their land.”

Mm, Lord. I just love the way You answer all my questions! By pushing me deeper into Your Word. The ‘official’ verse for the National Day of Prayer 2010 being from the prophet Nahum (1:7) “The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in Him” brings me full circle back to every other day.

Because first and foremost, Your “loving-kindness begins afresh each day” (Lamentations 3:23). With that truly being the case, we come all the way back to Psalm 118:24, “This is the day which the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.”

There is absolutely nothing ordinary about every single day You make dear Lord. Keep me ever mindful of this truth, I pray. You are such a good and gracious God. How I thank You for the opportunity and privilege to come before You every brand new day. I love You so very much. Help me use this unordinary day for Your good and Your glory Dearest Lord. I love You. Amen!

(294 words ~ 8:27 a.m.)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Tee-Tee for giving me a differernt perspective about today. I think I need to view life with an unordinary set of eyes. I love you

    ReplyDelete