Sunday, May 23, 2010

a cheerful giver

Saturday, May 22, 2010 (10:58 a.m.)

Blessed Lord God,

Thank You! Thank You that right smack in the middle of my irritation just now, I remembered You and all You have been teaching me here of late. “People are more important than things.” “for God loves a cheerful giver.” (2 Corinthians 9:7b) “Be angry

Sunday, May 23, 2010 (6:51 a.m.)

“but do not sin” (Ephesians 4:26 RSV) and I didn’t Lord! I recognized my frustration and I went straight to You with it. Oh most holy Lord, how I thank You for being here with us and in us.

Thank You for directing me to take that pent-up energy and put it to good use by swimming it out for thirty minutes. Thank You for reminding me every step of the way that I had choices and that You wanted me to choose the things that would lead to life and not death (Deuteronomy 30:19).

Wow! God! Never have I felt so secure in my choices! Never have I felt closer to You in recognizing what I was feeling right as I was feeling it. What an incredible way to deal with a situation! In Your Word. Based ON Your Word. Standing firm that NO games were being played. Just a matter of fact, take charge approach to a problem.

Wow God! Agog. Agog, agog! Thank You Lord. I AM so eager to tell of the great work You are doing in me. NEVER have I experienced such an immediate awareness of what was going on inside me. One minute I was seething (filled with intense but unexpressed anger) and the next I was here thanking You for teaching me a better way.

Oh Lord, how I ask that I take this GIANT lesson into today and use it for Your good and Your glory! Having taken the remainder of yesterday off for our scheduled time of rest and recreation, I am again ready to “hit the ground running”. In the past, I have usually burned out before noon, so I turn to You now asking Your guidance and pace. Wow Lord. What a concept! Come to You first. Thank You!

Thank You Lord. Thank You God. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(371 words ~ 7:27 a.m.)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, God loves a Cheerful Giver! For more ideas you may want to visit the Cheerful Giver website at www.cheerfulgivers.org

    ReplyDelete