Friday, May 28, 2010

Living Hope

Friday, May 28, 2010 (7:14 a.m.)

Jesus,

You’re my firm foundation. I know I can stand secure. Jesus, You’re my firm foundation. I put my hope in Your Holy Word. I put my hope in Your Holy Word

Mm. Yes Lord. I have a Living Hope. I have a future. God has a plan for me. Of this I’m sure, of this I’m sure Lord God, thank You! Thank You that I get to wake up singing songs of hope and deliverance.

Thank You that You are good and holy. Thank You that You DO have a plan for each of us and it IS a plan for good and not for evil, a plan to give us a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11). Mm. Hope. Yes. Hope.

Wow Lord. What does that even look like? Hope. A living hope. It’s Your Word. I put my hope in the truth of Your Word and I am blessed.

You know what it looks like? I know what it looks like! It looks like me scouring translations of Your Word for more than an hour trying to find the ‘perfect’ version of 1Peter 1:3 when in reality You would much rather have me bring to You the sideways conversation I had with a teenager just before his leaving for school.

Lord, I have NO doubt that You are good and worthy and kind. Lord, I ABSOLUTELY thank You for the presence of mind to choose my words carefully. Thank You for reminding me that there truly ARE ‘healthier choices’ that we can make in every single dealing of our lives. YOU are my Living Hope. You are my future!

Thank You Lord. Thank You that in turning to Peter’s first letter to the early Jewish Christians, I get to be reminded (v. 7) of how important all our trials are to testing our faith. Lord God, thank You!

Thank You that in the midst of situations I am finally learning to step back instead of rush in. Thank You that right in the middle of conflict I am practicing breathing deeply and asking You for guidance. These are new patterns for me and they are helping.

Your Word is faithful Mighty with power You will deliver me Of this I’m sure Of this I’m sure and every single day I get to show up and live Your Word again. Thank You Lord. Thank You for being my Living Hope! I love You. Amen.

(273 words ~ 8: 29 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment